IN THIS EPISODE, ALAY AND LANA DISCUSS:
- Defining how you want to be known in the marketplace using social media.
- Creating relationships that matter and are interesting.
- How law firms are changing after the pandemic.
- Maximizing and cross-selling opportunities.
- Attorneys need to be building and maintaining relationships from early on in their careers.
- Since you have to put energy into growing your practice, do it in a way that creates opportunities that you find interesting.
- Law firms need to be intentional about the culture they create, post-pandemic.
- Be as specific and narrow as possible when you define your niche and identify your target client.
“Building business development skills are really important [in order] for you to have a fantastic career in the legal field.” — Alay Yajnik
“The pandemic has shown us that we can do work virtually. Having that flexibility is going to be the expectation moving forward. It will be up to law firms to be able to facilitate in-person opportunities to do all the things that we’re now missing.” — Lana Manganiello
“The best way to get business is to give business. Always think about what everyone else in the firm does and try to bring business in, not just for yourself, but for the entire firm.” — Alay Yajnik
“People leverage technology to have initial conversations…then from there,…meeting in person to elevate the relationship.” — Lana Manganiello
CONNECT WITH LANA MANGANIELLO:
CONNECT WITH ALAY YAJNIK: